- About Sias
- Research & Innovation
- Campus Life
- Work at Sias
- Alumni & Foundation
2018/19 Second Semester Student Work Seminar
Friday, March 8 - Sias University held a Student Work Seminar for the second semester of the 2018/19 academic year on the 7th of March. The seminar was held to help residential colleges have a more united outlook for their goals and to address the difficult questions with regard to students' work. The Deputy Party Secretary, Li Huafeng, Vice Principal, Wu Hua, leaders of the Student Affairs Office, and the Deans of all the Residential Colleges at Sias were present at the meeting. The Deputy Director of the Student Affairs Office, Chu Jinjin, chaired the meeting.
The Deans of the 8 residential colleges presented reports on topics such as the registration of students for the second semester, student safety, the work of the Communist Party Committee and the Communist Youth League, the roles of educators and tutors, and group dynamics.
Chu Jinjin presented a report and spoke about the work to be carried out by the Student Affairs Office and the Residential College. She listed 15 tasks that needed to be accomplished in the Second Semester including those with regard to the Track & Field Games, 20th Anniversary Celebrations, Parents' Day, and the Residential College exhibition.
Wu Hua spoke of the necessity of pragmatic goals so as not to add to the academic burdens that students face. He said that team building among leaders was necessary. He put forward 3 targets for the semester:
- The Student Affairs Office and the Residential Colleges should work together towards the training, assessment, and evaluation of students and workers and formulate a reasonable target for the semester.
- Residential colleges should develop unique characteristics that would be seen in their work
- Student bodies should be given autonomy so as to get more students to participate in the management of the university
Deputy Party Secretary, Li Huafeng, put forward four requirements of the residential colleges:
- Sias needs to improve its political standing. Residential colleges should focus on national morality, the national education policy, and the training and training methods of staff.
- The Student Work Department and the Residential Colleges should conduct extensive research and provide platforms and opportunities for the development of educational mentors. The professionalization and development of educational mentors should be based on aiding students in their work.
- Second classrooms should be constructed in residential colleges. The colleges should develop unique characteristics, and simplify their activities.
- The safety and security of students should continue to be of importance. Campus security is a priority at Sias, and without it, nothing can be accomplished. The leadership should not only pay attention to students' personal safety, but also their ideological stability.
Friday, March 15 - Sias University observed Consumer Rights Day on the 15th of March. Events were held to increase...
Thursday, March 14 - An Inspection Team for Private Colleges & Universities visited Sias University on the 13th...
Thursday, March 14 - Sias University's Trade Union organized a series of activities to celebrate the 109th...