- About Sias
- Research & Innovation
- Campus Life
- Work at Sias
- Alumni & Foundation
2019/20 First Semester Summary Report Meeting
Thursday, January 2 - Sias University's Student Work Department and the Residential College Office held a meeting at the Academic Affairs Office on the 31st of December, to summarize the experience and shortcomings of the residential colleges in the first semester of 2019-2020 academic year. The meeting also focused on the clarification of work and the direction of development for the residential colleges in the 2020-2021 academic year. Deputy Party Secretary, Li Huafeng, and Vice President, Xu Shengdao, attended the meeting along with the heads of the Student Affairs Office and the residential colleges. The Deputy Director of the Student Affairs Office, Chu Jinjin, presided over the meeting.
At the meeting, the leaders and Deputy Party Secretaries of each residential college presented reports on the breakthroughs and innovation undertaken through the first semester. They also presented work plans for the second semester of the 2019-2020 academic year and the 2020-2021 academic year.
Li Huafeng thanked those present for their hard work and achievements. He put forward 4 suggestions:
- First, streamline the development of residential colleges;
- Second, integrate the achievements of the university into the "second classroom" (residential colleges);
- Third, strengthen the academic atmosphere of the campus;
- Fourth, improve the international vision of students and the international standard of the university.
In his summary report, Xu Shengdao said that the ideas for the institution of the residential colleges had been clear and successfully implemented. He put forward 5 suggestions:
- First, increase the communication between students of different academic majors and grades through the residential college system and improve international exchanges and cooperation;
- Second, improve the professional development of the tutors at the residential colleges;
- Third, explore the working mechanism of collaborative education under the dual institution system (academic schools and residential colleges);
- Fourth, improve the methods for study - all residential colleges and academic schools should work together to formulate specific measures and goals to improve the academic output of students in their 4 years at university, as well as in their postgraduate entrance examinations;
- Fifth, residential colleges should highlight the importance of personal safety and ideological safety through innovative methods with the students.
The heads of the residential colleges spoke of their willingness to work together in cooperation with the academic schools and departments at Sias to take the university's development and innovation to the next level.
Thursday, January 2 - Sias University's Student Work Department and the Residential College Office held a...
Monday, December 30 - The Sias University Alumni Association in Beijing held its annual meeting on the 28th of...
Friday, December 27 - The annual ceremony and formal dinner for the transition of Sias University's Student...